Monday, July 27, 2009

Lastest Going Ons at VC

WOW!! It has been a long time since I’ve updated this blog. My apologies.

Let me just start off by filling everyone in on some recent goings on in the land of Venture Comics.

Johnny Superhero No. 0 is coming along, slowly. I recently moved and things have been hectic for me as of late. Trying to balance the life of a husband, father, reporter, and comic entrepreneur is not an easy thing to do. That said, I plan to hit the pages hard and heavy soon. Our tentative release date was Summer 2009, meaning if we are to hit that goal, we have approximately two months. September 21, is the first day of fall. Hopefully, everything will work out for us. If not, AdVenture may begin this fall! Either way, I think readers will truly enjoy what we have come up with for Johnny’s introductory issue.

Aside from JS No. 0, we have been planning upcoming Johnny releases. Issue No. 1 will be Johnny’s origin. I think we have a strong story and another fun read. Other issues include the introduction of new villains. We think we have a good upcoming lineup and hopefully the readers will think so too.

Depending on how well Johnny is accepted, we have other title characters in mind, more on that later.

Anyway, that is just a brief update from us at VC. Like I said, I plan to hit the pages hard soon and hopefully, those interested will be able to pick up Johnny Superhero No. 0 by mid-fall at the latest.

I also want to take a moment to apologize for the lack of web site and Twitter updates. After the move, my Internet connection is limited.

Also, if you haven’t checked out some of our indie competition/friends, follow the links below:

• Octane Comics – creators of Disconnected: Tales of the Sovereign – www.octanecomics.com

• Fantasy Art Comics – creators of Fierce and IPF – www.fantasyartcomics.com

• The Grim Crew – creators of Grim Furry Tales and the upcoming DEAD FUTURE – www.grimcrew.com

• R&R Comics – creators of several web comics – www.randrcomics.com

• Byron Rempel – creator of the web comic THE ZOMBIE – thedailyzombie.blogspot.com

More links later!

- George Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment